Location: Port Moody, British Columbia, CA, V3H 0H6
Req ID: 25238
Onsite or Remote: Partial Remote Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We are more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
The Financial Reporting Accountant II will be responsible for preparing, analyzing and communicating timely, accurate and relevant financial information, data, dashboards and reports for Komatsu and for internal management use. This position is responsible for supporting the overall financial reporting function in Modular Mining Systems.
If you consider yourself someone who can apply technical know-how to create practical solutions in a dynamic and team-oriented environment, this is a great opportunity to work side by side with some of the biggest innovators in the Mining technology industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Each day will present you with new challenges and opportunities to test and grow your skills. As an Accountant II with Modular, you’ll be responsible for:
- Review and analysis of various foreign subsidiary data/reports.
- Assist with the preparation of the translation and consolidation to generate consolidated financial data/reports.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements / data for reporting purposes (including Management results) ensuring compliance and accuracy on produced information on a timely basis.
- Perform variance analysis to plans, forecasts, prior year information as deemed necessary.
- Support the coordination with all regions of the company the timely submission of Financial Statement information.
- Enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Provide recommendations and drive process improvements in systems and procedures on financial reporting and accounting functions, as assigned.
- Participate and assist with internal / external audits when required.
- Assist in the optimization and use of the business systems including, but not limited to, consolidation tools.
- Assist in the development, introduction, maintenance and compliance of MMS company policies/procedures.
- Assist with the education and compliance with US GAAP and Komatsu Policies.
- Assist with Functional Management and guidance to Subsidiary Controllers/Finance staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or relevant experience required.
- 2 years of experience working with Finance and Account teams.
- Demonstrated experience using ERP Systems (SAP preferred) and working with developing/manipulating Big Data.
- Advanced ability working with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and the Microsoft Office suite, both local and cloud-based, to consolidate large amounts of information.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively across a diverse and distributed Finance & Accounting team.
- Demonstrated ability in organizational and planning skills with a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Strong independent problem solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English.
What Are The Benefits of Being a Part of Modular?
We believe strongly in a healthy work/life balance and we love to brag about all the great things our members enjoy; like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP contributions with company match, flexible scheduling options, and, of course, an excellent vacation policy. We are a global organization with a reputation for having premier people building premier products, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity, collaboration, and teamwork.
Copyright MTS 2022