AHS Frontrunner Application Specialist | Onsite Carajás
Location: Belo Horizonte, BR
Req ID: 22978
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We’re more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
The position provides technical support for AHS software and related components in a timely and quality assured manner, including on-site and Help Desk support. Responsible for supporting and maintaining the Modular System, optimizing available resources, minimizing costs, and maintaining quality standards, technical support and help desk.
Due to an expanding business, we have an immediate need for an Application Specialist to be based in Carajas, PA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Provide software support – Provide customer technical support through task assigned processes using the customer ticket portal, support tools, testing and quality assurance methods to ensure product functionality.
- 24-hour helpdesk
- Correctly complete all required fields in tickets Security
- Comply with all safety requirements, including regulatory and legislative laws, especially when at facilities
- Provide on-site support and assistance before, during and after implementation of a new mine in accordance with contractual clauses
- Provide quality professional services when on site
- Project management – follow basic project management principles, including: scope of work, terms and conditions, communication, project metrics, As built document, reporting, etc.
- Provide technical support in setting up a new mine site, including servers, communication infrastructure, software, etc. Repair functionality
- Successfully connect to the customer site to verify and reproduce the problem
- Diagnose the root cause of problems
- Get the system up and running as quickly as possible Continuous improvement
- Identify, review, and evaluate operational processes Provide reports on suggested improvements.
- Conduct research and apply new and improved methods or products to the AHS operation.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the 2nd level when necessary to fully understand issues and improve overall knowledge of the FrontRunner system.
- Proactively seek to identify unexpected system behavior, and escalate these issues accordingly. Business Processes
- SharePoint – use SharePoint as a single source for all data, including: reports, manuals, documents, presentations, process maps, etc.
- Communication – follow guidelines for communication flow through MMS, Komatsu and customer;
- Provide reports summarizing performance, including but not limited to availability, cycle times, warnings and exception analysis where required.
The main activities of the role:
- Provide technical support, acting as 1st and 2nd level support.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose the root cause of system problems.
- Capture and document improvement opportunities, identifying bugs and materials for internal training by creating reports, manuals, presentations, process maps, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or any other relevant technology experience (preferred)
- Customer service experience
- Linux/Unix systems
- Microsoft SQL and/or MySQL databases.
- Communication skills suitable for working directly with customers.
- Solid knowledge of mining operations and computer networking.
- English – Advanced level.
- Experience in mining at an operational level.
- Experience in Dispatch® or other fleet management system at an operational and/or technical level will be highly advantageous.
- Understanding of radio communication (2.4 GHz Wi-fi networks).
- Experience with virtualization solutions (i.e. VMWare).
- Proficiency in programming – Java or other high-level programming language.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.