AHS Product Engineer – MTS AU – AHS
Location: AHS RTIO, AU
Req ID: 24792
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including TimberPro, Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products that we create, the solutions that we engineer and the service we deliver set us apart in the mining technology industry. We’re more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professional striving towards a shared vision to revolutionise the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Moscow to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation and encourages to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
The AHS product is at the forefront of mining technology as one of the most cost-effective solutions for fleet management, delivering unrivalled safety and fleet optimization in complex mining environments without the requirement of a truck operator. Modular currently supports successful AHS operations in Chile, Australia and Canada, demonstrating Modular's ability to deliver high value, cutting edge solutions and outstanding support.
Reporting to the AHS Operations Supervisor, this role is responsible for supporting and maintaining the AHS Supervisory System, optimising available resources, minimising costs while maintaining quality standards, technical support and help desk.
Up to 25%
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing technical support to the AHS Supervisory System, acting as 1st and 2nd Tier support and using customer ticketing portal, supporting tools, testing and escalation processes based in the AHS Support Centre located in Perth, which may involve working in shifts.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose root cause of system issues within SLA timeframes.
- Supporting and advising internal users within the company and AHS mine sites.
- FIFO during deployments for assisting and configuring a new AHS system at a mine site. Tasks include but are not limited to system (software and hardware) installation and configuration.
- Capturing and documenting opportunities for improvements, identifying bugs and material for internal training by creating reports, manuals, presentations, process maps, etc.
- High-level analytical skills for general troubleshooting of product related issues.
- Linux/Unix systems competent at a medium level with an understanding of computer networks.
- Competent in Microsoft SQL and/or MySQL databases.
- On-site support requirements during deployments (up to 5 months of FIFO during a deployment).
- Excellent communication skills suitable for working directly with customers.
- Solid understanding of mining operations.
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering, Electronics/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in mining at an operational level.
- Experience in Dispatch® or another fleet management system at an operational and/or technical level will be highly advantageous.
- Understanding of Radio communication (2.4 GHz Wi-fi networks).
- Experience in virtualization solutions (ie VMWare).
- Competent in programming skills – Java or another high level programming language.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.