AS Distributor Sales Manager
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 24861
Onsite or Remote: Partial Remote Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We are more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
The Distributor Sales Manager wins, maintains, and expands productive customer relationships collaboratively with the assigned owned and non-owned Komatsu mining equipment distributors (DBs). Assigned to DBs based on geography or market, the Distributor Sales Manager is responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and DB development objectives.
Reporting to the Manager, Sales and Business Development – Autonomous Systems, the Distributor Sales Manager – Autonomous Systems represents Komatsu’s growing range of class-leading solutions including its FrontRunner Autonomous Haulage System (AHS). The Distributor Sales Manager is a key interface between the Mining Technology Solutions – Autonomous Systems team, the Komatsu OEMs comprising its autonomous systems, the Komatsu DBs, and the end-user customers.
If you consider yourself someone who can apply technical know-how to create practical solutions in a dynamic and team-oriented environment, this is a great opportunity to work side by side with some of the biggest innovators in the Mining technology industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Each day will present you with new challenges and opportunities to test and grow your skills. As a Distributor Sales Manage with Modular, you’ll be responsible for:
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in the assigned DBs.
- Coordinates the involvement of key personnel including Autonomous Systems’ sales, product management, support, training, and executive management to meet DB performance objectives and expectations.
- Meets mutually agreed on targets for profitable sales volume and margins, and ensures alignment of strategic objectives for the assigned DBs.
- Regularly updates rolling sales forecasts for revenue and supply chain forecasting.
- Proactively leads a joint DB planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive DB relationship.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Sells through the Komatsu DB organizations to end-user customers in coordination with DB sales resources.
- Assists the DB in the preparation and presentation of sales presentations, feasibility studies, proposals, and responses to RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address end-user customer needs while coordinating the involvement of all necessary internal and DB personnel.
- Drives adoption of Corporate-established programs including sales and training methodologies among the assigned DBs.
- Monitors market trends in the assigned DB markets or geographies and advises management of future market needs or requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business preferred with a minimum of 5 or more years of sales management experience in large capital equipment, infrastructure, or IT solutions.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and prior experience managing and coaching remote teams.
- Effective communicator with an ability to comfortably speak in front of groups to deliver sales presentations, and sales training.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically more than 50% of the time. Flexibility to travel on short notice is an advantage.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and highly motivated with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Proficiency in business tools including Microsoft 365 and Salesforce.
- Demonstrates a professional approach in communications with Komatsu distributors and customers
- Promotes ongoing communications with distributors and customers
- Presents a professional image to all distributors and customers
- Writes correspondence that is clear and concise
- Exhibits well-developed interpersonal skills to assess distributor and customer needs and to gather necessary information and data
- Keeps in touch with distributors and customers regularly and is responsive to their needs
- Demonstrates the ability to listen effectively
- Works cooperatively with the distributor to uncover customer problems and develop those needs solutions that best meet those needs
- Presents solutions in a high impact manner, avoiding "feature dumps"
What are the benefits of being a part of Modular?
We believe strongly in a healthy work/life balance and we love to brag about all the great things are members enjoy; like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP contributions with company match, flexible scheduling options and, of course, an excellent vacation policy. We are a global organization with a reputation for having premier people building premier products, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity, collaboration and teamwork.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.