Business Planning Supervisor
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 28465
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We are more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
The Business Planning Supervisor will be responsible to lead, coordinate and support the preparation, formulation and reporting of the annual budget and quarterly forecast, working closely with the internal teams and the MTS Corporate Finance team to achieve these goals. This role also will be responsible for the management of the Workday Adaptive Planning System.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Each day will present you with new challenges and opportunities to test and grow your skills. As a Business Planning Supervisor with Modular, you’ll be responsible for:
- Coordination, preparation, development, and consolidation of monthly, quarterly, and annual forecast / budget process
- Lead monthly Forecast reviews with Regions and Corporate Divisions leaders, providing timely feedback improving forecast accuracy.
- Lead the production of monthly, quarterly and yearly reports for our parent company and internal users
- Support and promote the education around the forecast and budget process, including training for all new and existing users on the Workday Adaptive Planning System
- Supervise activities to maintain and administrate the Workday Adaptive Planning System that support the forecast / budget process
- Manage, coach, and develop junior planning team members, balancing their growth and development with business needs, succession planning, risk mitigation considerations and ensuring zero fraud and zero harm.
- Promote and support process improvement, enhancing the accuracy, ease and timing of budgets/forecasts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in a financial planning and analysis role.
- Experience with Planning and Forecast Business Systems.
- Understanding of standard concepts, practices, and procedures of corporative finance.
- MS Excel formulas and functions to gather, analyze, manipulate, and audit large data sets.
- High degree of collaboration and customer service orientation.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Clear and effective communicator.
- Self-driven and motivated is essential.
- Experience working with multiple currencies and in a multinational company preferred.
- Adaptive Insight experience desired.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.