Cyber Security Manager – GRC
Location: Milwaukee, WI, US, 53204-2941
Req ID: 28490
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cyber Security Manager to join our IT team. This is a hybrid position and can be based at our office in Milwaukee, WI, Chicago, IL (near O’Hare) or Tucson, AZ. In this role you will establish, implement and maintain best-in-class Security, Risk & Privacy programs and policies that will safeguard the company with respect to the development, use and support of our technologies and solutions.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Develop, enhance, operationalize enterprise-level cybersecurity, risk and privacy policies, processes and controls to mitigate risk and comply with applicable laws and regulations
- Complete ownership and responsibility to answer cybersecurity posture questionnaires and respond to client-required privacy information requests relating to MTS technologies and solutions.
- Collaborate with North American Region & Global Mining Solutions IT Security team on matters of cybersecurity policy, posture, customer communications, incident response. Contribute to the global Komatsu cybersecurity strategy and maintain alignment within MTS business.
- Lead the development and ongoing management of privacy programs for MTS technologies and solutions, and associated data across all locations / jurisdictions
- Collaborate on the development of training programs for employees and contractors, as it pertains to cybersecurity and data privacy, as part of the broader implementation of best-in-class security, risk and privacy program.
- Evangelize cybersecurity and GRC programs to MTS Engineering teams and to the broader Komatsu business to boost awareness and understanding, maintaining alignment with business objectives.
A compliance-minded leader that has a strong sense of integrity and the ability to balance business interests with the need for compliance standards:
- Bachelor’s degree in the IT/Information Security/Technology/legal or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Information Security and/or Data Privacy Compliance positions
- Expertise in cybersecurity practice and compliance standards, eg. ISO27K, SOC1/2, SSAE 18, NIST CSF and PCI DSS
- Strong understanding of data privacy regulations eg. CCPA, GDPR, PIPEDA, UK DPA and Privacy Shield
- Strong understanding and experience in enabling GRC solutions and common control framework for cybersecurity and data regulations
- Certification(s) Preferred: Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT), CISA, CISM
- Excellent project management and process improvement skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple complex & confidential tasks
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, especially the translation of cybersecurity and privacy concepts to both executive and developer-level audiences. Attention to details & deadlines
- Demonstrated experience leading small teams and influencing broader organizational change.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.