Director Global Production
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 25737
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We’re more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates.
With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
To provide global leadership to all production activities, including QA, Supply Chain (Warehousing), and Manufacturing that will ensure we deliver in the form of high-quality products and solutions. The ultimate objective is to ensure that, through safe and compliant operations, MTS customers obtain measurable value through the usage of MTS solutions that meet or exceed clear customer expectations set during the sales process. The ultimate business results will be measured through customer satisfaction, product and service penetration, improvement to market share, and growth in revenues and profitability through managing and retaining high-performing employees and ensuring business sustainability by managing risk and compliance to safety, legislative, and company policy requirements.
Up to 50%
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Personnel Safety & Wellness
- Instill a culture of risk assessment and prevention aimed at “Zero Harm”
- Participate and support corporate safety practices and processes
- Provide a healthy work environment, both physical as well as psychological
- Promote and stimulate healthy lifestyles for our workforce
Compliance and Fraud Prevention
- Comply with laws, rules, policies, processes, and standards
- Ensure that business is carried out diligently, loyally, and ethically to protect the reputation of MTS and the Komatsu entities
- Demonstrate respect for our values and strategic commitments
- Continuously improve our business
- Implement accurate data collection and analytic tools
- Clearly communicate expected business and individual performance objectives centered around business results
- Instill a culture of high accountability for expected results based on the ‘Komatsu way
- Promote and stimulate a healthy competitive environment
- Determine and enforce a lean set of core standards, processes, and policies
- Understand customer needs
- Deliver high-quality in every customer related activities: sales, deployment, training, assisted operations, and support
- Customer activities focused on delivering Measurable
- Exceed customer expectations
P&L Results (Financial Strength
- Drive profitable, sustainable growth
- Optimize resource utilization
- Manage risks and opportunities
- Assist with Budget Planning and Execution for Operations
- Work in partnership with the senior leadership team, HR and Safety to ensure that Functional Management and Operational Standards are successfully adopted across all regional operations
- Monitor and analyze operating performance data, including safety and customer satisfaction, of the Company as a whole and particular Operations on an ongoing basis and ensure that acceptable performance is achieved.
- Develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the safety of our employees
- Identify synergies across the business and with the Komatsu group, manage change across the organization
Supply Chain & Warehousing
- Lead and direct global inventory optimization through planning/inventory reporting and leading best practice implementation for regions
- Establish and follow strategic cost management programs and methods to secure the best value from suppliers/vendors on raw materials through cost-based negotiations
- Lead and advise on the impact of long-range planning, the introduction of new programs/strategies, and regulatory action
- Identify and prioritize inventory opportunities to drive senior management strategies and initiatives through socializing and presenting clear, compelling communications that align business leaders with the desired outcomes
- Initiate and drivesmeasures to monitor and improve the quality of our products
- Responsible for standardizing quality processes for globally purchased products
- Meet with vendors, customers, quality representatives, and company personnel resolve quality problems.
- Lead Juhin process/activities
- Bachelor’s degree – industrial engineering, logistics, or supply chain preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of operations or QA experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a leadership position
- Broad knowledge of international business, including a deep understanding of the mining & technology industry, manufacturing, and supply chain especially for electrical components.
- Experience with lean manufacturing processes and methods, value stream mapping, visual control, and performance systems
- A resourceful thinker who is willing to challenge the status quo of the organization
- An effective communicator, compelling leader, and strong collaborator
- Master’s degree – in a related discipline, preferred
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.