Director, Global Sales
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 25493
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We are more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
- Identify the opportunities for business growth and lead the account strategy.
- Assisting the regional sales offices in the identification and closing of global sales opportunities where there is limited regional capacity to do so.
- Supporting the regional sales team in driving revenue, including creating the strategy for global sales materials and sales processes.
Domestic/International travel: up to 25%
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate new sales pipeline, including targeting competitor sites
- Assist regional offices in responding to customer RFQ's when there is limited capacity.
- Assist in rollout of new products, sales policies, sales procedures and sales tools
- Generate sales strategies for new and underperforming products
- Engage and develop corporate accounts that impact multiple mining operations
- Demonstrates initiative in pursuing business and sales goals
- Solves problems utilizing innovative solutions
- Maintains motivation, persistence, and perseverance, despite rejection and adversity
- Exhibits original thinking, ingenuity, and creativity in the development of new or improved approaches and solutions
Sales Strategy Development
- Aligns sales activities with the client's buying cycle
- Identifies most appropriate strategies and skills necessary to gain forward movement in order to succeed in each phase of the buying process
- Recognizes varying buyer roles and leverage them
- Analyses your competitive position and influence customer's decision criteria
- Overcomes strategic gaps which lose sales
- Produces results which are consistent with the corporate marketing strategy and that achieve his/her individual sales goals
- Leads the team to produce sales commitments and new sales revenues from target accounts
- Maintains control on expenses commensurate with promotional and sales activities
- Bachelors degree in related field including mining, engineering, or business
- Experience in mining, technology, or heavy equipment industries
- Track record in sales of large complex capital items and/or IT solutions
- Experience leading and motivating a sales team
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Masters degree in related field including mining, engineering, or business
- Second language fluency in Spanish or Portuguese
- Experience with Salesforce or other enterprise CRM
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.