Field Engineer I
Location: Belo Horizonte, BR
Req ID: 25094
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products that we create, the solutions that we engineer and the service that we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We’re more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates.
This position will be conducting performance assurance activities, including but not limited to assessments, assisted operations, technical reviews and report compilation, under the guidance of the Field Service Lead.Review customer product status and usage, establish improvement opportunities to help the customer utilise the system optimally and ensure quality and value delivered to customers roll will include managing of projects
Ability and willingness to travel to mine-sites up to 30% of work time in order to resolve product problems
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Operations: Technical Support & Service
• Assist Field Services Leader in creating high level and detailed site visit plans based on the “voice of customer”.
• Perform technical assessment to keep applications running and being used properly to add value for the customer.
• Assess current application support tickets before and during site visits and facilitate resolution as possible.
• Prepare PA Cycle Report and present it to the customer
• Perform assisted operations besides Trainers
• Provide site visit feedback to the Field Services Leader for creating action items and reports
• Work with the Dispatch operator to observe and review usage of the system
• Establish improvement opportunities such as training, assisted operations and advise on system usage and navigation
• Provide findings to the Field Services Leader
Degree in Engineering, Mining, Production, related, or Computer Science.
SQL, Power BI, Tableau and related computer tools knowledge
Portuguese and English language speaking
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.