Field Support Technician
Location: Moranbah, QLD, AU, 4744
Req ID: 27231
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including TimberPro, Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
The core of our Mineware (part of the Komatsu group of companies) business is to research, develop and deliver world-leading monitoring and automation systems for ground engaging equipment to improve operator performance, meet mine compliance, increase production, reduce maintenance and increase safety. Since the inception in 2005 supporting clients to improve mining productivity and efficiency has all we think about and do. Today, as our customers embrace the digital mine of the future, we're passionate about helping them reap the benefits of the digital era.
We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic person who can deliver a superior level of professional excellence in a client facing role. Aiding to maintain our position as the world’s leader in real-time Mine Management Systems to meet the rapidly expanding requirements of our blue-chip client base. To support our clients in the Hunter Valley region, we are looking for a Field Support Technician to maintain and service our systems on heavy mining equipment at customer sites.
What we are looking for
To succeed in this role, you will:
- Ability to analyse, troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise.
- Ability to work autonomously and at times on remote mine sites.
- Have strong client relationship building skills.
- Be willing to travel on a regular basis, throughout Australasia as required.
- Work as part of a team fostering a positive “can do” culture with a willingness to assist other orginisational departments
Be willing to travel on a regular basis, throughout Australasia as required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering timely, safe, effective and efficient resolution of MineWare field based support issues to meet the Service Level Agreements with our clients.
- Provide high quality installations including various mountings, wiring and testing on numerous types of heavy mining equipment.
- Investigate and resolve client issues adhoc when on site and via telephone.
- Trade qualifications in electrical or similar field.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft® Office, basic networking, TCP/IP, wireless LANs.
- Fault diagnostic ability within electrical/electronic system
- Previous relevant experience installing equipment in heavy machinery.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit komatsu.jobs.