Front end Developer III
Location: Belo Horizonte, BR
Req ID: 25010
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Front-end developers build and support user interfaces and required front-end code for all Modular products, alongside product designers and software engineers, ensuring a sustainable development which follows industry best practices. Our teams main challenge is to produce high performance and robust software components to handle a very demanding 24/7 mining environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement pixel-perfect concepts and designs in HTML, CSS and other design languages;
- Troubleshoot and fix logic, communication, performance and other nonfunctional problems related to browser-server interaction;
- Collaborate with product design teamusing design/development workflow tools such as Zeplin, InVision or Abstract;
- Collaborate with Software Architects and Senior Software Engineers to produce high quality, testable and efficient code, according to industry standards;
- Collaborate with the Documentation team providing basic documentation about the products being developed;
- Investigate, troubleshoot and fix defects raised by other teams and by customers;
- Proactively suggest and implement improvements to activities in subject area;
- Understand Modular applications domain and proactively interact with product teams to improve functional and nonfunctional aspects of User Interfaces;
- Provide technical oversight to development teams and contractors in subject area;
- Review work produced by external teams to assert alignment with company’s standards;
- Coach and mentor less experienced developers in technical skills, processes and best-practices.
- Research, define and design long-term front-end architecture, frameworks and components, which are aligned with the company business goals, ensuring high efficiency of the team;
- Experience with most of company’s existing codebase in subject area;
- Provide technical feedback about team members individual performance to management.
- Represent the team in technical discussions and presentations for managers, executives, partners, customers, as a techincal go-to person in the subject area.
- Be fairly familiar to surrounding subject areas, such as back-end architecture and development, product design, business analysis, DevOps, customer support, documentation, configuration management.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- Proficiency and proven experience with HTML, CSS and other common design languages;
- Proficiency in HTML5 and responsive mobile-first web applications;
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and an attention to detail;
- Fluent English for verbal and written collaboration with international teams.
- 6+ years of proven experience in Web Development;
- Experience with GIS Frameworks, such as OpenLayers, Leaflet, etc.;
- Experience with 3D Frameworks, such as ThreeJS and BabylonJS, etc.;
- Experience implementing and maintaning Cypress, Selenium or similar testing infrastructure;
- Experience in Android, iOS or Qt development;
- Knowledge of one or more modern object oriented programming languages (Java, C#, etc.) ;
- Knowledge on computer networking and the TCP/IP stack;
- Knowledge on UX (User eXperience) concepts.
- Familiarity with at least one of the cloud providers, such as Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.;
- Strong Communication Skills
- Highly competitive salary
- Health and dental plan
- Private pension
- Meal voucher
- Birthday day-off
- Emotional health program
- Education incentive
- Daycare/nanny/school assistance
- Among others;
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.