Location: Milton, QLD, AU, 4064
Req ID: 27012
Onsite or Remote: Hybrid Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximising value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimising performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
We are looking for a Frontend Developer to help us grow our new and exciting user experience for the next generation of mobile mining equipment solutions. Reporting to the Team Manager, you will work in a hand selected engineering group, supported by the UI/UX Team and Komatsu’s wealth of industry experience, people, and process.
Up to 15%.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow the software development process and adhere to its standards and processes.
- Accurately estimate and adhere to timeframes.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies including daily standups.
- Contribute to maintaining build pipelines and staging environments.
- Ensure requirements are well understood and documented. Seek advice when clarity is required.
- Ensure code is well written and follows company patterns, standards and practices. Code should be performant, scalable, adaptable and testable.
- Collaborate with UX team and backend developers to implement user-friendly, responsive, and visually appealing applications.
- Keep up-to-date with emerging trends, technologies, and best practices in frontend development.
- Participate in code reviews, contribute to documentation, and provide technical guidance and support to team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering.
- 3+ years experience in a frontend development role.
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and CICD Techniques.
- Demonstrate ability to work as a team member and hold one another accountable for the commitments made to the business.
- Clear communication skills both written and verbal.
- Distributed & OS agnostic computing technologies including Docker.
- Cloud deployment & hosting technologies.
- Experience with Azure DevOps.
- Experience with IoT Edge and Nested Edge.
Modular Mining Systems Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.
To apply for this job please visit komatsu.jobs.