Hardware System Support Engineer
Location: Milton, QLD, AU, 4064
Req ID: 24487
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximising value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimising performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
- Provide hardware system support including but not limited to, global support, hardware quality control vendors nonconformance issues, continuous improvement, and product design and release support
- Execute processes and procedures in accordance compliance procedures, that pertain to hardware system and deployment support for all regional offices, vendors, customers, and cross departmental teams
- Perform periodic installations, maintenance, trouble shootings, and/or repair of hardware systems on mine production equipment including but not limited to, development field tests, assist on Performance Assurance visits, and First Commercial Installations.
- Provide hardware system deployment support as a domain expert to customers, and cross departmental teams.
- Provide assessments for hardware deployment deviations when necessary
Ability to travel at least 35% both domestic and international
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with regional teams including, but not limited to, RMA support, deployment, product innovation, software global support, sales, and operations to identify opportunities on improving customer value and/or supportability efficiency
- Ensures usage of quality management tools and methods
- Ensures usage of processes improvements techniques
- Creates technical documentation, including but not limited to, SharePoint, Zendesk support portal, troubleshooting articles, training material, lessons learned
- Effective and efficient use of business systems including but not limited to SharePoint, Zendesk support portal, Harvest, SAP
- Meets internal and external service level agreement performance criteria
- Effective use of all available Support Tools and processes to accurately and efficiently collect data directly associated with Root Cause Analysis and performance trends.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably Mechanical or Electronics discipline or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of electrical components complex electrical assemblies electrical enclosures and metal work and various communication protocols
- Awareness on processes improvements tools and problem solving techniques such as
- Strong analytical skills
- Desire to learn new technologies and expand your areas of expertise
- A resourceful thinker who is willing to challenge the status quo of the organisation
- A practical knowledge of mining methods and key customer business improvement needs
- Demonstrated proficiency in applying Change Management methods
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Modular Mining Systems Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.