Hardware Verification & Validation Engineer II
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 28384
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every comer of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We're more than a company, we're a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates.
With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Work on a variety of projects to assure HW designs are built and perform as intended and meet requirements through verification and validation assessment.
Hardware Verification and Validation Team responsible for the verification and validation of hardware and firmware requirements for all hardware designs including components and subsystems. The team is responsible for all HW V & V strategy and design as well as required test equipment including calibration and maintenance of that equipment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- HW/ FW verification and validation including analysis of requirements and risks.
- Work with Systems and Design Engineering and other teams (e.g., Marketing, QA, Operations, etc.) to understand requirements and associated rationales in order to develop V&V protocols with defined acceptance criteria
- Development of appropriate V&V strategies and timelines
- Development of V&V applications, tools, and test fixtures
- Creation and maintenance of automated testing procedures
- Creation of V&V plans, test cases, and reports
- Execution of test cases in a lab or real world environment (traveling to mine sites may be required)
- Creation and maintenance of standard V&V documentation
- Assist with V&V associated project management activities e.g., scope of work, timeline estimates, and resource needs
- Adhere to project schedules
- Project report out on V&V activities as required
- Applies advanced engineering knowledge to projects
- Presents data, results, and plan to team
- Anaylzes data results and determines conclusions
- Assist with the definition of processes and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline with at least 5-8 years industry experience or Master’s degree in engineering discipline with 0-2 years industry experience
- Experience with design of experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis
- Some experience with reliability engineering
- Flexible/ adaptable ability to work with a team, and independently, in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Takes ownership of work and completes it efficiently and on time
- Team player who puts the success of the team first
- Ability to multi-task without losing effectiveness
- Shares knowledge and expertise with others
- Analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions and provides/ implements process or document improvements
- Ability to rapidly acquire new skills and learn on the job
- Effective communication, organization, and time management skills
- Highly skilled at technical writing
- Experienced with Hardware Verification and Validation
- Previous experience in mining industry
- Experience with Reliability Engineering
- Experience in Systems Engineering / Verification and Validation concepts and applications
- Experience with requirements management concepts
- Experience with object-oriented requirements management databases
- Scripting language proficiency for instrument control and data acquisition (LabVIEW preferred)
- Experience with test method development
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.