Lead Systems Engineer
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 22868
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We are more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates.
With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Applied Sciences (AS) is a newly established department primarily focused on design and development of optimization solutions and algorithms. An objective of AS is to decompose existing monolithic optimization modules into modernized next generation optimization Engines. AS is comprised of three teams of Optimization Engines, Optimization Apps, and Data & Predictive Analytics. While these teams work on separate solutions based on their roadmaps, their solutions have common components. To increase productivity of teams and ensure the solutions are progressively improved, teams share and use Optimization Common Libraries, a set of shared services, definitions, and data models required for optimization solutions.
- This role exists to guarantee that the AS teams effectively analyze, design, develop, and continuously improve Optimization Common Libraries and component-based solutions.
- This role is accountable for management of Optimization Common Libraries and delivery of solution analysis reports to AS Principal Software Engineer, who is accountable to AS Director.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Review Business Requirement documents, analyze existing products, and work with Product Managers and stakeholders to understand and document optimization problems.
- Collaborate with Domain Experts, Solution Architects, and Operations Research Engineers to create solution designs by using and/or extending Optimization Common Libraries,
- Work with AS team leads to create and plan traceable Workitems to satisfy Business Requirements and extend Optimization Common Libraries,
- Manage governance and release process of Optimization Common Libraries; work with developers to ensure proper usage and improve the processes,
- Develop proof of concepts for technical risk mitigation and get early feedback from users of Optimization Common Libraries,
- Update and shares knowledge by studying state-of-the-art software design methodologies, development tools, programming techniques, and computing technology.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Software Engineering, or a related Engineering degree with emphasis in Software Engineering.
- Minimum 6 years of practical experience in Software Engineering including experience with design, development and testing of combined hardware and software systems.
- Expertise in applying concepts, principles, and patterns from International Council on Software Engineering
- Expertise in documenting system requirements, system structural and behavioral architectures, and maintaining accurate traceability across artifacts.
- Experience recognizing changes to business and user needs and system success criteria, documenting the changes for stakeholders to review and make decisions.
- Experience interacting with business and technical stakeholders from hardware and software development teams to identify and resolve problems in all phases of product development
- Experience with leadership, mentoring and training.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.