Manager, Global Support
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 24581
Onsite or Remote: Partial Remote Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We’re more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Ensure customers consistently have a great experience when dealing with Modular Mining / Komatsu. Provide direct and functional leadership over Global System Support and proactively ensure Modular systems are deployed and consistently operate at their best capacity. The ultimate goals are to instill a culture of high performance and quality within the organization to achieve a high-level of satisfaction, engagement, and loyalty among Modular’s customer base. The business results will be measured through customer satisfaction, high performing employee retention and growth in revenues and profitability.
Further within this role it will be key to establish and maintain working relationships with the greater hardware and software engineering departments and other inter-departmental teams to ensure efficient transfer of products and services between theses departments for new product introductions to the field.
Up to 30%, both domestic and international
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of managers, supervisors, and systems engineers to ensure timely and accurate performance of all Global System Support activities
- End-to-end management of product support requests, delivering timely responses and resolutions within the relevant service level agreements
- Resource planning and management to ensure there are effective and sufficient resources to deliver on service, deployment, and support obligations
- Develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the safety of our employees and the overall operation and effectiveness of the business
- Sharing of issues / challenges / opportunities within and outside of immediate team
- Maintain efficiency and costs in the support department
- Execution of and contribution to the continuous improvement of the Support Framework
- Contributes to the long-term strategy and delivery of Global System Support
- Involved in cross department initiatives related to Global System Support
- Continual management and maintenance of our ITSM tool
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Engineering, Computer Science, or 4-7 years equivalent experience
- ITIL Global process experience
- Experienced professional with 4+ years’ experience in customer support and/or leadership
- Demonstrated ability to deliver continual improvements and initiatives to enhance the customer experience
- Experience managing multi-entity, multi-currency budgets
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary remote global organizations
- Masters degree in Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences or related discipline preferred
- Experience in mining preferred
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.