Manager, IT Application
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 26299
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We are more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
The purpose of the IT Applications Manager is to manage, support and ensure the optimal operation of all IT business systems and applications as per the Service Level Agreement in place and increase the value of these systems to the organization. The Manager, IT Applications is required to grow and develop the team through active leadership. In addition, the Manger will work to identify, recommend and deliver/implement new IT solutions/systems and services to support the organization’s operations and help achieving business objectives.
- Up to 25%
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Director in preparing and responsible for executing the 2-year Business Applications/Systems rolling plan.
- Work with the Director to perform cost-benefit and ROI analyses, determine fiscal requirements and prepare budgetary recommendations.
- Effectively manage the department budget to stay on target
- Gather and analyze user business needs, requirements and translate them to IT requirements and recommendations.
- Deliver IT projects on time, within budget, and meeting the strategic and business objectives.
- Performs change management to affected stakeholders as part of introducing/implementing new solutions or major improvements/changes.
- Manage teams of internal and contracted resources to deliver IT systems support and new IT solutions.
- Interface with multiple teams and individuals, senior management, users, subject matter experts and external vendors/partners.
- Responsible for reviewing of present IT applications/systems and business processes and implement changes to improve provided value, efficiency and/or lower cost of ownership.
- Measure and monitor IT business tools/systems and associated process usage, compliance and recommend preventative and corrective actions;
- Manage Process Improvements associated with major business system/tool change.
- Create user documentation for business tools and processes as needed.
- Develop and deliver training in business tools and processes as needed in association with the Training Development (TDEV) department.
- Responsible for the selection and management of 3rd party relationships for IT business systems/applications.
- Keeps abreast of technological changes and innovations in the information systems field to understand technology offerings, options, and risks/costs.
- Establish objective criteria for individual and team performance assessment.
- Utilize KPIs and Performance Metrics to measure and improve the performance of his/her team.
- Provide technical and professional mentoring to direct reports.
- Encourages a continuous improvement culture by which the Applications team operates.
- Enable an environment that rewards innovation, effective problem solving and customer orientation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering.
- 2+ years of Management experience.
- 5-8 years of related work experience in the IT field.
- Proficiency in Business Analysis.
- Proficiency in project management techniques and methods (PMI, Agile).
- Proficiency in Continuous Improvement.
- Proficiency in Change Management.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good leadership aptitude and the ability to interface and communicate effectively at all levels within the organization and with partners, vendors.
- Initiative, self-motivated with strong collaboration, negotiation, and influencing capability.
- Strong hands-on management capabilities, coaching, and people management skills.
- Ability to strategize, plan and implement change.
- Good understanding of the mining industry and related technologies.
- ITIL Service Management Certification
- PM Certification
- BA Certification
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.