Location: Milton, QLD, AU, 4064
Req ID: 26732
Onsite or Remote: Hybrid Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximising value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimising performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
We are looking for a Mechatronics Engineer to form part of our Projects team. Reporting to the Manager – Special Projects, you will work in a newly formed and hand selected agile engineering team headquartered in Milton and supported by Komatsu’s wealth of industry experience, people, and process.
This team will develop technologies to support manned and automated equipment on our Intellimine Synergy platform for all Komatsu Mining machines in the future.
Ability to travel at least 35% both domestic and international
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately estimate and adhere to timeframes in conjunction with input from Senior Engineers.
- Consider the specific requirements and work with other team members to ensure that the products developed are robust and reliable.
- Adhere and promote a quality culture in line with the framework set by the Quality team.
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and develop solutions that improve the quality and delivery of current and new products.
- Ensure any Level 3 support issues are investigated and addressed in an appropriate timeframe with escalation to Senior Engineers as required.
- Test the hardware/products to ensure that it is functioning correctly and meets design requirements. This may involve testing the hardware in a laboratory setting or in the field.
- Contribute and participate in an environment that promotes innovation, effective, and problem-solving.
- Ensure established reporting is delivered on-time and with detail that informs the business.
- Embrace, promote and instill the agile methodology within the team.
- Provide timely escalation of issues with a goal of enabling the team and removing barriers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechatronics Engineering or a related field.
- Experience in hardware design and development of mining or applicable technology solutions.
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development Lifecycle and Quality Management Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and hold one another accountable for the commitments made to the business.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated continual self-improvement and learning.
Modular Mining Systems Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.
To apply for this job please visit komatsu.jobs.