Mine Platform Manager
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 28387
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We’re more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas, and be yourself.
Modular's Strategy team is responsible for defining the strategy for our technology ecosystem, our solutions, and our partnerships. As the Mine Platform Manager, you will be responsible for prioritizing and supporting the work of multiple product lines and defining the cohesive vison and strategy for the integrated technology platform on mining operations. You will work closely with the global sales team and the regions to introduce this technology to the market. You will also work closely with engineering teams to connect business requirements to technical features.
You'll be tackling tough challenges that require innovative out-of-the-box thinking, an understanding of our customer’s business and operating environment, problem-solving skills, and the ability to make sound business decisions. If you consider yourself someone who can apply mining domain know-how in a software engineering environment and contribute with practical solutions in a dynamic and team-oriented environment, this is a great opportunity to work side by side with some of the biggest innovators in the mining technology industry. Some domestic and international travel is required to attend both internal and external meetings.
If you consider yourself someone who can apply technical know-how to create practical solutions in a dynamic and team-oriented environment, this is a great opportunity to work side by side with some of the biggest innovators in the Mining technology industry.
- Approx 30%
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Each day will present you with new challenges and opportunities to test and grow your skills. As a Platform Manager with Modular, you’ll be responsible for:
- Refine Voice of Customer into a feature backlog for the mine platform.
- Prioritize platform features based on customer impact and effort.
- Contribute to development grooming, planning and retrospective meetings.
- Regularly interact with the broader Komatsu community to understand user needs.
- Actively contribute to discussion threads and collaborative forums.
- Meet with customers as needed to gather needs and present information regarding the mine platform.
- Assist with training material creation.
- Build business plans and roadmaps for ongoing platform development.
- Track costs and revenue for the platform and report to leadership.
- Manage integration requirements between the machine platform and the broader technology ecosystem.
- Perform market and competitor analysis.
- Work with partners in technology and actively pursue new partnership opportunities.
- Establishing Komatsu as a mining expert/partner through published works and participating in industry trade association
- Providing guidelines on pricing and margins
- Developing standard Komatsu marketing materials and sales support tools
- Being a collaborative, connection across the Komatsu family to drive transparency, collaboration, and sharing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, marketing, or IT related discipline required
- Extensive experience in mining is a plus.
- Must have excellent communication and public speaking skills with an ability to demonstrate confidence in material knowledge.
- Must have the ability to effectively influence, mentor, and educate both internal and external stakeholders in a variety of cultures.
- Skills and experience in developing and communicating robust business plans with demonstrated success.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and effectively communicate value propositions and sales enablement tools
- Previous product experience preferred
- Experience in sustainable mining technology and services
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to gain consensus across complex organizations
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage programs (products or services)
- Strong commercial skill set (packaging and pricing multiple products into a single solution)
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.