Mining Consultant – MTS- BR-CS
Location: Belo Horizonte, BR
Req ID: 25492
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Provides Consultation to Modular Customers on successful implementation of technology through Change Management Services, achieving Operational Excellence through Lean Thinking; manages special projects, supports the product development process through requirements definition, and supports sales/marketing initiatives. Provides internal and external engineering and management services as well as consultancy to develop and improve mining solutions based on business needs considering a holistic approach formed through a deep understanding of mine processes and Modular Mining Systems products. Manage the implementation and deployment of consulting services. Represent or replace on duties to the Solution Manager, during vacation, travel or as required.
As part of the Mine Performance Collaboration Team the Mining Consultant will be involved more specifically in managing Mine Performance Collaboration (MPC) programs as well as participate and support phases of MPC. These will include, but are not limited to, Compliance Mine Plan, Provision Process Assurance, Dispatch Assisted Operations, Simulation Processes, benchmarking, monitoring, Mine Planning evaluation and Operational Improvement etc.
- Degree in Engineering, Mining Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Specializations in related areas, such as Automation, Production, etc., are valued.
- MBA or Mine Engineering Master Program preferred
- Black Belt Six Sigma or Lean certification preferred
- Project Management certification/experience (advantageous)
- Provides Consulting services related to the Intellimine® product suite
- Provides system assessment, engineering analysis, performance analysis, and benchmarking services
- Provides change management services for new system deployments
- Provides training to new Consultants
- Develop and maintain delivery of consulting service processes
- Studies and applies “Lean” and Continuous Improvement concepts to customer operations
- Creates standard templates and supports knowledge base for services
- Assists Sales team for sales of consulting services
- Assists with development of customer success of stories for marketing and sales.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit komatsu.jobs.