Mining Engineer Intern
Location: Belo Horizonte, BR
Req ID: 28077
Onsite or Remote: Hybrid Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
The objective of this internship is to develop the fundamental skills of interns at the early stage of their careers, aligned with our purpose and values. If you are seeking growth and learning, this opportunity is for you. Throughout the internship, activities will be closely monitored and supervised to ensure a supportive learning environment.
- Assist in monitoring clients' Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and identifying opportunities for productivity improvement.
- Provide support in creating technical presentations and documenting technical proposals.
- Collaborate in the development of operational best practices in conjunction with clients.
- Participate in projects related to Modular's products under supervision.
- Support change management activities for the implementation of new systems.
- Assist in mining consulting services related to the Intellimine® product suite.
- Aid in system assessments, engineering analyses, performance analyses, and benchmarking services.
- Create SQL queries for data analysis and report generation using the MS SQL Server system.
- Mining Engineering student, starting 6th semester.
- Interested in gaining experience in mining engineering and operations.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of SQL queries and familiarity with the MS SQL Server reporting system.
- Proficiency in English.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.