Mining Services Engineer III
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 28386
Onsite or Remote: Hybrid Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We are more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Review customer maturity on the usage of MTS core products aiming to identify and establish improvement opportunities associated with Performance Assurance and Value-Add Services. Carry out Performance Assurance activities and Value-Add Services. Role will include managing of projects to efficiently embed the MTS core products into customers` mining processes and ensure delivery of Value in Use, integrating technology, people, processes and equipment. Work cross-functionally with other functions and departments to create a portfolio of service offerings to grow revenue and maximize margin. Carry out training, coaching and auditing of our service offerings to promote standardization and capability across regional Customer Success Departments. Contribute to the maturity of the NPS process working with Global Sales and Marketing Teams.
- Up to 50%
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes data and identifies improvement opportunities for application of the MTS Core Products, AHS operations and sites.
- Assess mine operations performance using simulations, analizing fleet utilization, fleet productivity, cycle effectiveness, loading process, etc.
- Interact with Komatsu entities and distributors to work in conjuctions with the Regions on addressing customer’s issues and promote optimum practices and usage of the system.
- Coordinates with MTS Support Deployment Services (SDS) for obtaining best results and address customer’s issues on a timely and organized fashion.
- Create high level and detailed site visit plans
- Perform technical troubleshooting and work on solutions along with technical support staff
- Reviews and manages the development/distribution of close out reports and recommendations
- Generates relevant reports for measuring KPIs.
- Rollouts projects and initiatives to ensure the correct documentation and processes are followed and implemented.
- Liaises with customers to understand and follow up issues, system usage compliance, KPIs, etc.
- Conducts and implements change management.
- Performs workshops, training and coaching during the implementation of Value-Add Services (Consulting-MPC and Digital Solutions).
- Developes business cases and justification for supporting Performance Assurance, Consulting- MPC, Digital Solutions, marketing and sales
- Assists Sales team for sales Value-Add Service offerings
- Provides system assessment, engineering analysis, performance analysis and benchmarking services as required.
- Conduct kick off, update and close off meetings with the customer
- Create Site visit reports & action items.
- Prepare a detailed route map to perform follow up on activities resulting from site visit reports and maintain direct communication with customers on resolving the actions/activities until completion
- Coordinate communication/resources among MTS/Komatsu departments/regions and the customer
- BSC Engineering
- Degree in Mining, Electronics or Computer Science
- Min 10 years of Mining Experience working on operations and/or Project management
- Exposure to AHS Mine Operations, experience in Mine Planning & Grade Control are an asset
- Product & Domain Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of AHS and Dispatch products. Knowledge of other Modular products and Mining processes are a plus
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Customer focus, commitment to excellence
- Results driven
- Personality attributes, DISC profile
- Must meet the sated requirements of the DISC profile for Role
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be able to communicate fluently with the clients
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.