MTS – Helpdesk Technician I
Location: Belo Horizonte, BR
Req ID: 25167
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
As the first responder to most end user issues, the Helpdesk Technician is a vital link between the internal customers and the Corporate IT department. The helpdesk technician's purpose is to manage service requests for end user incidents.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Helpdesk and internal IT customer service.
- Interface with DELL support and sales representatives.
- Management of user accounts through Active Directory.
- Notebook configuration – Formatting, installation, windows configuration, CLONING HD SSD.
- IT Policies – Update all employees and Training for new employees.
- Asset control
- Notebooks x users using specific software, control of the notebooks “tombos”.
- Inventory management – Notebooks, peripherals, external HD, encrypted flash drives, etc.
- Management of software licenses.
- Purchases of notebooks according to industry standards, budged plan and need.
- Manage Asset Disposal – Manage the physical as well as digital disposal of items no longer in use or systems that are beyond the technologies lifecycle.
- Maintenance of the local office network.
- Configuration of switches, routers, network points, Access Points, etc.
- IPs control.
- Topology of servers – bayface of racks.
- Topology of the NETWORK of ISP- Visio or using another diagram tool.
- Nobreak management.
- Printer management.
- Virtual Machine (Vshpere) environment management.
- Server management – file server, storage, ESXi server, HTTP server, local servers.
- Advanced knowledge in personal computing hardware and software
- Intermediate Knowledge in Microsoft O365 and Microsoft Active Directory
- Intermediate Knowledge in VMWare and MS Hypervisor
- English: strong written and good spoken skills
- Spanish or others (is a plus)
- Technical degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, IT Management equivalent
- Minimum experience of 2 year working in IT or a related field
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.