People, Performance & Integration Director
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 25398
Onsite or Remote: Partial Remote Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We’re more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas, and be yourself.
The People, Performance & Integration Director is a critical role within our MTS organization. Main responsibilities include Talent Development, Talent Strategy, Integration & Employee Experience, People & Culture, and Employment Law & Compliance. They will need to develop and maintain strong relationships with the MTS senior leadership team as well as the broader HR team of Komatsu.
Up to 25%
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Talent Development – Identify knowledge/skill gaps within the employee population between job requirements and current abilities and identify the most appropriate training and development interventions to bridge those gaps as quickly and effectively as possible. Work with business stakeholders to identify high potential talent and develop plans to accelerate their readiness for future roles in the organization.
Talent Strategy – Work with business stakeholders to develop organizational design, human capital planning, and talent development strategies to ensure that the business has the talent it needs to execute the larger Komatsu management plans. Create a robust talent strategy that will ensure new ideas, methodologies and sourcing will create a pool of qualified candidates to fill positions in a timely manner.
Integration & Employee Experience – Partner with COE’s, leaders, and local HR on all phases of integration, including creating a strong change and communication plan. Execute strategies across the business to attract, develop and retain a highly engaged workforce.
People & Culture – Partner with the leadership team to align people and culture initiatives with organizational goals; support culture and adherence to mission, vision, and values; responsible for the oversight of People and Culture practices and objectives that foster an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, collaboration, and goal attainment.
Employment Law & Compliance – Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws governing employment practices and policies, salary and wage administration, safety and environmental compliance, etc. Including those working remotely.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, or related field required. Advanced Degree preferred
- At least 10 years working in a human resources function.
- Global experience preferred
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity
- Ability to adapt to foreign cultures/philosophies/business practices.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple efforts simultaneously
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Lead organizational change and influence the emergence of a new culture where existing attitudes and behaviors are not conducive to change
- Assist in the creation and implementation of brand recognition within the MTS business. Partner with marketing strategies and brand awareness and support partnership development.
- Connected to the global mining business delivering compliance, alignment, and leveraging global best practice
- Ensure the leadership of high-performance teams
- Provide guidance in influencing employee behavior and develop engagement metrics to understand relationship strengths/weaknesses.
- Respond effectively to change and raise performance standards as changes in the environment create opportunities to do so
- Drive the ability to create and achieve success, with strong potential for promotion and development within – manage key talent and expectations
- Coaching and influencing of all levels of employees to ensure effective commercialization and implementation of improvement initiatives.
- Partner with key stakeholders to identify, develop, and implement practical solutions with an increased customer outcome focus
- Create partnerships with industry bodies to enhance the MTS talent pool, including leading Universities.
- Lead and monitor strategy development, continuous improvement, and business transformation initiatives, and support the development and management of execution activities to ensure financial deliverables are achieved.
- Provide insights into the team performance through analytics, develops strategies to execute on outcomes.
- Serve as the lead for all HR-related activities for MTS and any new acquisitions and Komatsu.
- Develop an integration roadmap, including transition points and timing for MTS and any new acquisitions.
- Manage culture integration and deliver high-quality and creative messaging for leadership meetings and other communication channels (e.g., town halls, FAQs, Newsletters, etc.) to ensure changes/ milestones are clearly & transparently shared with acquired group.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.