Product Engineer – Autonomous Haulage Systems
Location: Wacol, QLD, AU, 4076
Req ID: 27211
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximising value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimising performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Reporting to the AHS Operations Supervisor, this role is responsible for supporting and maintaining the AHS Supervisory System, optimising available resources, minimising costs while maintaining quality standards, technical support and help desk.
Up to 25%
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing technical support to the AHS Supervisory System, acting as 1st and 2nd Tier support and using customer ticketing portal, supporting tools, testing and escalation processes based in the AHS Support Centre located in Perth, which may involve working in shifts.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose root cause of system issues within SLA timeframes.
- Supporting and advising internal users within the company and AHS mine sites.
- FIFO during deployments for assisting and configuring a new AHS system at a mine site. Tasks include but are not limited to system (software and hardware) installation and configuration.
- Capturing and documenting opportunities for improvements, identifying bugs and material for internal training by creating reports, manuals, presentations, process maps, etc.
- High-level analytical skills for general troubleshooting of product related issues.
- Linux/Unix systems competent at a medium level with an understanding of computer networks.
- Competent in Microsoft SQL and/or MySQL databases.
- On-site support requirements during deployments (up to 5 months of FIFO during a deployment).
- Excellent communication skills suitable for working directly with customers.
- Solid understanding of mining operations.
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering, Electronics/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in mining at an operational level.
- Experience in Dispatch® or another fleet management system at an operational and/or technical level will be highly advantageous.
- Understanding of Radio communication (2.4 GHz Wi-fi networks).
- Experience in virtualization solutions (ie VMWare).
- Competent in programming skills – Java or another high level programming language.
Modular Mining Systems Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.