Product Engineer I
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 26940
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We are more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Reporting to the AHS Operations Supervisor, this role is responsible for providing technical support, troubleshooting, and software deployment of the FrontRunner Autonomous System within the Global Support team.
The AHS product is at the forefront of mining technology as one of the most cost-effective solutions for fleet management, delivering unrivaled safety and fleet optimization in complex mining environments without the requirement of a truck operator. Modular currently supports successful AHS operations in the US, Chile, Australia, and Canada, demonstrating Modular's ability to deliver high value, cutting edge solutions and outstanding support.
Up to 25%
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Each day will present you with new challenges and opportunities to test and grow your skills. As a Product Engineer with Modular, you’ll be responsible for:
- Provide technical support through tasks assigned in the Zendesk Ticketing System while complying with established Service Level Agreements.
- Provide 24/7 emergency support for Autonomous Systems sites and regional teams.
- Assist in the deployment of the FrontRunner Autonomous System using internal documentation, standards, and outlined procedures.
- Update internal deployment documentation (release notes, installation documentation, checklist procedures) through assigned tasks.
- Collaborate with various local and regional teams to provide support.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or STEM related field.
- One year of experience in troubleshooting, testing or similar technical duties, customer support.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to follow and write technical instructions.
- Provide solutions using critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Experience in mining at an operational level.
- Experience in Dispatch® or another fleet management system at an operational and/or technical level will be highly advantageous.
- Networking fundamentals
- Linux experience
- Experience in virtualization solutions (ie VMWare).
We believe strongly in a healthy work/life balance and we love to brag about all the great things our members enjoy; like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP contributions with company match, flexible scheduling options, and, of course, an excellent vacation policy. We are a global organization with a reputation for having premier people building premier products, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity, collaboration, and teamwork.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit komatsu.jobs.