Product Manager, Hardware & Communications
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 28567
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We are more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular's Strategy team is responsible for defining the strategy for our technology ecosystem, our solutions, and our partnerships. As the Product Manager, Hardware and Communications, you will be responsible for prioritizing and supporting the work of multiple product lines and defining the cohesive vison and strategy for the on-board hardware and technology platform on mining machines. You will work closely with the equipment factory teams and the regions to introduce this technology to the market. You will also work closely with engineering teams to connect business requirements to technical features.
You'll be tackling tough challenges that require innovative out-of-the-box thinking, an understanding of our customer’s business and operating environment, problem-solving skills, and the ability to make sound business decisions.
If you consider yourself someone who can apply mining domain know-how in an engineering environment and contribute with practical solutions in a dynamic and team-oriented environment, this is a great opportunity to work side by side with some of the biggest innovators in the mining technology industry.
Some domestic and international travel is required to attend both internal and external meetings. 30% approx.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Product Strategy: Develop and execute comprehensive hardware and interface product strategy aligned with the company's overall vision and objectives.
• Customer Requirements: Work with relevant business units to understand customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape to inform product development decisions.
• Product Roadmap: Create and manage a clear and prioritized hardware and interface product roadmap, ensuring alignment with business goals and customer requirements.
• Product Development: Collaborate with engineering and design teams to define product specifications, features, and requirements.
• Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, factories, regions, support, marketing, and sales, to ensure successful product development and market launch.
• Quality Assurance: Work with the Engineering team to ensure the highest quality standards for hardware, including testing and validation processes.
• Cost Management: Work with Product Management and Engineering to help manage product development budgets, track expenses, and optimize costs to achieve profitability goals.
• Product Launch: Assist sales and marketing teams to plan and execute product launches, including, pricing strategies, and marketing campaigns.
• Regulatory Compliance: Stay up-to-date with relevant industry regulations and certifications, ensuring that products meet all necessary compliance standards.
• Establishing Komatsu as a mining expert/partner through interactions with vendors, partners and associated Mining Industry bodies.
• Product Management and/or business development.
• A strong background and experience with on-board mining machine hardware and data communications
• Extensive experience in mining is a plus.
• Must have excellent communication and public speaking skills with an ability to demonstrate confidence in material knowledge.
• Must have the ability to effectively influence, mentor, and educate both internal and external stakeholders in a variety of cultures.
• Skills and experience in developing and communicating robust business plans with demonstrated success.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and effectively communicate value propositions and sales enablement tools
• Previous product experience preferred
• Experience in sustainable mining technology and services
• Strong collaboration skills and the ability to gain consensus across complex organizations
• Demonstrated ability to build and manage programs (products or services)
• Strong commercial skill set (packaging and pricing multiple products into a single solution)
What are the benefits of being a part of Modular?
We believe strongly in a healthy work/life balance and we love to brag about all the great things are members enjoy; like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP contributions with company match, flexible scheduling options and, of course, an excellent vacation policy. We are a global organization with a reputation for having premier people building premier products, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity, collaboration and teamwork.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.