Product Quality Manager
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 25062
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We’re more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas, and be yourself.
The Product Quality Manager oversees all things pertaining to product and supplier quality. This manager will be accountable for collaborating cross-functionally to track, measure and understand product and supplier performance. In addition, the Product Quality Manager is in charge of driving all improvement activities related to product and supplier quality.
Up to 20%, both domestic and international.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the product quality team and projects including day-to-day management (people, budget), progress towards roadmaps and compliance with training and all MTS business policies.
- Establish objective criteria for individual and team performance assessment.
- Own, maintain and enhance quality metrics related to supplier performance, incoming inspection performance, product complaints (Zendesk) tickets and warranty claims.
- Prioritize and address quality performance issues for products.
- Support training, monitor, and control all activities regarding Incoming Inspection and Supplier Quality
- Ensure effective transfers of new products into production from the product quality perspective.
- Define, implement, and lead the escalation process for product defects.
- Responsible for the creation of all Incoming Inspection Testing to be used both on the Quality Assurance Lab and our Regional Offices.
- Extrapolate learnings and disseminate best practices to prevent potential occurrences of similar issues on comparable products and processes.
- Support quality agreement execution including coordination of negotiations with suppliers/partners, documentation of those quality agreements, and tracking adherence to quality agreement requirements; in partnership with the Operations Department.
- Reviewing and approve quality plans, support investigations to provide root cause analysis and ensure effective corrective actions are taken.
- Own, lead and improve the Field Campaign Design process.
- Degree in Engineering, with 10+ years’ experience or MS Degree in with 8+ years of experience
- Experience with product quality management
- Minimum of ten (10) years of quality experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years of direct product quality experience
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Strong foundation on product improvements tools and problem-solving techniques
- Experience managing a quality team
- Expert in product improvement techniques (PDCA, dFMEA, DMAIC, Lean Six Sigma, A3, 8D, SCARS, ISO standards, Causal Analysis: 5 whys, root cause analysis,etc)
- Excellent understanding of engineering development including automation technologies, analytics, hardware design and software development.
- Desired ASQ Certifications: Supplier Quality Professional CSQP; Certified Quality Engineer CQE; Reliability Engineer CRE Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence Certification CMQ/OE.
- Influence management skills; demonstrated ability to work constructively across all functions of the organization, specially customers and suppliers
- Excellent communication and presentations skills (articulate and persuasive)
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.