Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 24715
Onsite or Remote: Partial Remote Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We are more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates.
With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
The project manager will drive the successful planning, development and execution of projects within our Mining Technology Solutions organization. You will lead product development teams to ensure products and solutions are efficiently developed and perform as intended to meet customer and business requirements.
If you consider yourself someone who can apply technical know-how to create practical solutions in a dynamic and team-oriented environment, this is a great opportunity to work side by side with some of the biggest innovators in the Mining technology industry.
Up to 10%
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Each day will present you with new challenges and opportunities to test and grow your skills. As a Project Manager with Modular, you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading small to mid-sized and low to medium-level complexity projects ensuring proper planning and execution
- Managing cross-functional teams responsible for fulfilling the project and achieving its deliverables
- Monitoring project progress, proactively communicating with team members and stakeholders, detecting, and mitigating risks before they impact the project plan
- Preparing and delivering executive level communication highlighting project progress
- Embracing, promoting, and instilling an Agile culture within the team
- Facilitating SCRUM ceremonies and technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Proactively analyzing and providing suggestions for department improvements related to project management processes, tools, and resources
- Bachelor's degree – preferably in computer science, applied sciences, engineering or technology
- 4-8 years of experience as a project manager with experience leading mid-sized and low to medium-level complexity technology projects using Agile methodologies
- Strong understanding of product development processes, tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Ability to analyze and solve problems with innovative and creative solutions
- Ability to work cross functionally between multiple internal teams and external suppliers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to filter and distill meaningful information to the right audience
- An effective communicator and compelling leader who is respectful with the ability influence and guide decisions through data, collaboration, and leadership
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated success in leading product development teams delivering complex technology solutions involving software, hardware and integrated systems utilizing Agile methodologies and frameworks such as SCRUM, SAFe or Kanban
- Certified Scrum Master
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.