Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 28962
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We are more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates.
With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Effectively manage project`s execution and completion within scope, schedule and budget. Manage execution of global rollout strategies for existing and new Modular products and solutions instilling a culture of high performance and quality within the organization to achieve a high level of satisfaction, engagement and loyalty among Modular’s customer base.
If you consider yourself someone who can apply technical know-how to create practical solutions in a dynamic and team-oriented environment, this is a great opportunity to work side by side with some of the biggest innovators in the Mining technology industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Each day will present you with new challenges and opportunities to test and grow your skills. As a Project Manager with Modular, you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing corporate and/or regional teams to ensure consistent, efficient and effective rollout of Modular products and solutions, as well setting the conditions for a sustainable and profitable growth of said products and services over time across all regional offices
- Provide feedback to the Executive and Global Support & Deployment team to ensure realistic execution of plans aligned with Company Strategic Initiatives and Business Goals
- Instill by example a culture of success and continuous improvement, applying analytics and PDCA cycle to enhance key areas of the business and address shortcomings.
- Provide ad-hoc services for general coordination
- Facilitate Global Support & Deployment’s monthly review meetings
- Track Global Support & Deployment metrics for goal accomplishments
- Leading the Gold Gates process and getting involve in all the gates process
- Leading First Commercial Installation projects
- Monitoring large deployments being done by regional teams.
- Manage complex development projects for Global Support & Deployment
- Leading all internal Global Support & Deployment projects
- Drive any action items assigned to Global Support & Deployment as part of Juhin process.
Personnel Safety & Wellness
- Instill a culture of risk assessment and prevention aimed at “0 harm”
- Participate and support corporate safety practices and processes
Compliance and Fraud Prevention
- Comply with laws, rules, processes and standards
- Ensure that business is carried out diligently, loyally, and ethically to protect the reputation of Modular and the Komatsu entities
- Demonstrate respect for our values and Strategic Commitments
High Performance and Quality Culture
- Instill a culture of high accountability on expected results
- Recognize and reward most challenging results achieved
- Establish objective criteria for individual and team performance assessment centered around customer results
- Promote and stimulate healthy competitive environment within the organization
- Determine and enforce a lean set of core standards, processes and policies
- Coordinate and provide adequate support and toolkits to enable regional teams to achieve high levels of service performance and quality
Program and Project Planning and Management
- Instill a culture of planning, highlighting the importance of processes and standards of project management across the department and with regional teams
- Promote and enforce discipline globally to execute planning efficiently
- Good understanding of the wider objectives of the program and be able to communicate it clearly to keep multiple teams` focus on the “big picture”
- Strong knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- Ability to work positevely with a wide range of individuals (and different cultures) involved in the project.
- Review and assess feasibility and value proposition of proposals prior to presenting to customers.
- Track delivery of value proposition of projects.
Coach and Guidance
- Support other Project Managers by pro-actively providing them with coaching, guiding thru processes and recommending tools whenever is needed or requested.
- Provide constructive feedback to help other Project Managers to enhance their careers.
- Provide a good and professional role-model.
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably engineering discipline.
- Five (5) years of experience in project management, customer service or mining industry.
- Experience in leadership position.
- Knowledge of the mining industry and related technologies is a plus.
- A resourceful thinker who is willing to challenge the status quo of the organization.
- An effective communicator, compelling leader and strong collaborator.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Language: English (written/spoken must-have); Spanish or others (plus)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.