Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 25308
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We are more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates.
With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Applies System Engineering specialties of requirements management, quality control, and configuration management with entry-level responsibilities on product development projects.
Up to 10% of travel
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience testing software systems
- Demonstrated understanding of testing lifecycle, methodologies, and QC practices
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze requirements
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a team environment
- Experience with defect tracking tools and work item management tools
- Knowledge of database querying and a few scripting languages (asset)
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and attention to detail
Some experience with SQL
– Flexibility/Adaptability Remains composed and maintains effectiveness under pressure or when confronted by unexpected mental and emotional stress • Remains calm when dealing with people who are upset • Exhibits flexibility and adapts readily to changes in systems, processes, procedures and circumstances • Responds effectively to short deadlines and increased workflow • Receives criticism without hostility • Adapts quickly to change • Completes projects and tasks successfully under stressful conditions • Increases work pace to deal with immediate problems without losing effectiveness • Handles many tasks simultaneously without losing effectiveness General – Job Motivation/Initiative Demonstrates a consistent, dependable work effort and a positive work attitude • Takes the initiative and doesn’t wait to be told what to do or how to do it • Exhibits enthusiasm, energy, drive, and tenacity in the pursuit of job goals • Takes ownership of his/her work • Responds positively to constructive feedback • Takes on additional responsibilities and exerts extra effort when requested • Displays flexibility when dealing with unique situations • Takes pride in his/her work • Performs independently at a high level of effectiveness General – Organizational Awareness Demonstrates an understanding of the organization’s functions and responsibilities • Considers organization’s capabilities, mission, vision, values, and strategic goals and objectives in work efforts • Knows capabilities, capacities and constraints of the organization • Reviews external information and news to learn about political, economic and social issues that might affect the organization • Identifies individuals who have the technical expertise to respond to inquiries on specific topics • Identifies information resources to stay informed of changes occurring in the organization • Keeps current on formal and information reporting relationships • Adheres to global and local rules and policies
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.