Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 25602
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We’re more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates.
With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will support all activities related to product quality; by providing standardization, planning, evaluation, analysis and direction ensuring conformance to customer’s requirements.
This role must work closely with the Operations, Software Quality, Hardware Engineering and Product Strategies teams. This role requires a continuous improvement mindset, collaboration within cross-functional teams and working with other Komatsu entities, partners and external vendors.
- Up to 30%, both domestically and internationally.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assumes leadership to promote a Quality culture and act as the Product Quality Gate Keeper.
- Ensures all product quality practices are in conformance with Modular’s established policies, procedures and objectives.
- Identifies, initiates and leads continuous improvement initiatives related to product (both hardware and software) quality working closely with multi-disciplinary teams both internally and with a supplier.
- Implement and maintain quality assurance processes, best practices, standards and tools & techniques; ensures their consistency among projects.
- Improves the business relationship between Modular Mining and key suppliers to reduce waste
- Identifies and support the resolution of corrective actions, product defects or process issues
- Leads activities of defect containment, root cause analysis and corrective action related to product or process issues
- Complies with law, rules, processes and standards.
- Ensures that business is carried out diligently, loyally and ethically to protect the reputation of Modular and Komatsu entities.
- Demonstrate respect for our values and strategic commitments.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, preferably Industrial, Manufacturing, or Quality Engineering discipline
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in quality-related roles
- Demonstrated proficiency on processes-improvement tools and problem-solving techniques (PDCA, PFMEA, DMAIC, Lean Six Sigma, A3, 8D, SCARS, ISO standards, Causal Analysis: 5 whys, root cause analysis, VSM)
- Demonstrated proficiency in applying Change Management methods
- Strong familiarity with ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems.
- Excellent communicator, capable of interacting with different levels of the organization; interfacing with both customers and suppliers
- Desire to learn new technologies and expand his/her areas of expertise in quality
- Desired ASQ Certifications: Supplier Quality Professional CSQP; Certified Quality Engineer CQE; Reliability Engineer CRE
- Effective and efficient use of business systems including but not limited to SharePoint, Zendesk support portal, Harvest, SAP (for MRP, RMA, Material Management, and ECM functions)
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.