Regional Manager, Load & Haul
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 25234
Onsite or Remote: Remote Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We are more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular's Mining Solutions team is responsible for defining the strategy for integrating our technology, equipment, digital services, and consulting into holistic solutions. As part of Modular’s Mining Solutions team, you will work directly with customers, regional offices, distributors, and dealers to help define and facilitate production and maintenance improvements across the mine site. You will work closely with the Customer Success (OTM), Continuous Improvement (OEM) teams, and the regions to identify best practices, perform Continuous Improvement (CI) studies, and implement solutions as part of ongoing customer CI programs. You'll be tackling tough challenges that require innovative, out-of-the-box thinking, an understanding of our customer’s business and operating environment, problem-solving skills, and the ability to make sound performance and CI recommendations.
If you consider yourself someone who can apply mining domain know-how and contribute with practical solutions in a dynamic team and customer-oriented environment, this is a great opportunity to work side by side with some of the biggest innovators in the mining technology industry.
Approximately 60-75% travel required, both domestic and international.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Each day will present new challenges and opportunities to test and grow your skills. As a Mining Optimization Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Developing framework for holistic Continuous Improvement delivery across Komatsu
- Utilizing capabilities, knowledge bases, best practices, analytics tools, and systems to guide customers and the supporting regional entities in CI efforts to achieve KPIs and lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Establishing common, standardized Komatsu nomenclature, processes, and systems for managing CI project that combine our technology products, equipment products and related services into complete solutions
- Working closely with the Partner Success team to recommend and facilitate partnership opportunities related to CI
- Being the authority and a collaborative connection across the Komatsu family to drive transparency, teamwork, and sharing across Komatsu on CI
- Establishing Komatsu as a mining expert/partner by building rapport with the customer and regional entities through constant engagement and CI successes
- Defining CI opportunities and associated value proposition(s); including defining relevant KPIs and tracking value for the customer and Komatsu across all CI activities / programs
- Being involved with all CI projects to ensure consistency, and effective training and knowledge transfer for customers, regional entities, and all corporate stakeholders
- Using OEM/OTM guidelines and tools to help guide customers to realistic KPIs, future production and maintenance goals, and optimizing value-in-use of their equipment and technology
- Working to develop and deploy tools to help Komatsu mature and to enhance the customer's view of Komatsu as a desired supplier/partner
- Working with OEM/OTM Product Management and Marketing to provide Voice of Customer (VoC) feedback and champion the product/use case improvements necessary to ensure customers maximize their value and reduce their TCO
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering, or an Electrical / Mechanical trade certification or similar disciplined degree or trade certification required
- 5 – 7 years mining experience required. Time on tools and/or in-depth mining equipment knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent communication and customer relationship skills with an ability to demonstrate confidence in the subject matter. Bi- or multi-lingual candidates preferred.
- Ability to effectively influence, mentor, and educate stakeholders in a variety of cultures
- Skills and experience in developing and executing projects, with demonstrated success
- Robust Data analytics/problem-solving techniques (following the Komatsu Way)
- Has worked and supported distributors/customers, i.e., field experience is a plus
- Must be "Results-driven" / "Customer focused"
- Demonstrated ability to develop and effectively communicate value propositions and CI opportunities
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to gain consensus across complex organizations
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage programs (products or services)
- Strong project planning/project management skill set
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.