Senior Hardware Systems Engineer
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 22610
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
The Hardware Senior Systems Engineer is a technical lead on a hardware project from inception through product release. The HW Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for product definition, product risk management, system integration, system configuration management, and on-market support of customer issues. The HWSenior Systems Engineer improves the HW Systems Engineering group by mentoring junior systems engineers in Systems Engineering principles and identifying and implementing process improvements.
The HW Senior Systems Engineer is a technical leader and plays a crucial role in project delivery, emphasizing on-time delivery and product quality.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We’re more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Team Information and Challenges
The Hardware Systems Engineering group is responsible for definition, risk management, hardware system integration and system configuration management of hardware products at Modular Mining Systems. The team is responsible for new product development and on-market support of customer issues.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Creation/decomposition of hardware technical requirements documentation
- Ensure appropriate traceability of hardware technical requirements
- Create and support the creation of risk management documentation such as dFMEA
- Assess and characterize technologies that will meet our business needs
- Lead projects and communicate project status to cross-functional audience
- Lead reviews of hardware technical requirements, risk management documentation, and hardware technical reviews
- Lead and direct technical discussions to gain agreement
- Define hardware system component integration
- Maintain hardware system configuration through engineering change management
- Support the creation of verification and validation planning and protocols
- Support verification and validation data analysis and troubleshooting
- Create and update system configuration documentation
- Support creation and update of hardware installation documentation
- Mentor junior engineers
- Lead process improvements for the hardware systems engineering group
Work with project team to create and set schedules
- Serve as technical lead on projects
Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering or related engineering discipline
10+ years of industry experience
Strong knowledge and direct experience in applying Systems Engineering principles
• Requirements for writing and elicitation
• Risk management and documentation
• System integration
• System Architecture definition
• Technology Solutions
- Ability to analyze complex issues and provide solutions
- Adhere to processes and implement process improvement changes
- Experience in Verification and Validation concepts and applications
- Flexible/adaptable ability to work with a team and independently in a fast-paced and
- quickly changing environment
- Takes ownership of work and completes it efficiently and on time
- Team player who puts the success of the team first
- Ability to multi-task without losing effectiveness
- Analyzes data, evaluate results, forms conclusions, and provides/ implements process
- or document improvements
- Ability to rapidly acquire new skills and learn on the job
- Effective communication, organization, and time management skills
Working knowledge of engineering principles such as:
- Thermal analysis
- Vibration analysis
- Electrical analysis
- Manufacturing techniques
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.