Senior Internal Auditor
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 24757
Onsite or Remote: Hybrid Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We’re more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas, and be yourself.
This role will be responsible for performing J-SOX internal audit controls testing specific to Komatsu’s J-SOX control framework to determine control design and operating effectiveness and working with the process owners to remediate control deficiencies. This role will also assist with new control development and implementation, changes and improvements to existing controls, and identify opportunities to improve business process and overall control environment. This role will collaborate with other cross-functional teams and management throughout the organization and will be required to gain a thorough understanding of the company operations through process walkthrough and review/ support preparation of proper documentation. This role will act as a change agent to facilitate management to identify the best practice and improvement opportunities, implement sustainable processes, monitor progress and evaluate the result as applicable.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops the Annual Audit Plan with the leadership team of the Company with support of the Finance Function, including conducting risk assessment interviews with key leaders and maintenance of the audit universe and list of potential audit areas.
- Drives the overall execution of the annual J-Sox audit and actively manages the quality and timeliness of completed work. Support the testing for the US and Canadian entities. Also, provide support as needed for the J-Sox audits for the rest of the entities across the world perform by Local Internal Audit Komatsu Teams.
- Partner with the business to document and/or update policies and procedures, as needed
- Coordinating and assisting the creation, documentation and development the Company’s internal control matrix, ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, laws and good practices.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of business processes subject to audit. Fosters and maintains active relationships with individuals (client) and management within the Company to facilitate audit execution.
- Interact and interview process owners and subject matter experts using a consultative approach.
- Facilitate the development of audit observations, recommendations, and corrective action on a timely basis. Elevate or escalate observations as appropriate.
- Provide Management with periodic status reports and the types of non-conformances found.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Admin, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- 2-5 years of relevant audit experience
- Knowledge of audit and financial management controls, practices and approaches and GAAP and SOX/J-SOX requirements.
- Strong critical thinking and intuitive problem-solving approach. Constructive professional skepticism and inquisitiveness. Continuous improvement mindset.
- High degree of collaboration and customer service orientation
- Clear and effective communicator
- Self-driven and motivated is essential
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.