Software Developer II
Location: Port Moody, British Columbia, CA, V3H 0H6
Req ID: 25023
Onsite or Remote: Partial Remote Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the services we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We are more than a company; we are a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: a connected society through sustainable mining.
With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas, and be yourself.
What are the benefits of being a part of Modular Mining?
We believe strongly in a healthy work/life balance, and we love to brag about all the great things are members enjoy; like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP contributions with company match, flexible scheduling options and, of course, an excellent vacation policy. We are a global organization with a reputation for having premier people building premier products. We offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity, collaboration, and teamwork.
The Autonomous Haulage System (AHS) is a comprehensive fleet management system for mine sites around the world. Our autonomous trucks are jointly developed by Komatsu Ltd., Komatsu America Corp. and Modular Mining Systems, Inc, and are centrally controlled through wireless networks that integrate on-board vehicle controllers, high precision global positioning, and obstacle detection and avoidance systems. The system has full supervisory logic that utilizes complex data fusion to control our trucks, and to safely operate through a load, haul, and dump cycle while simultaneously allowing integration with other mine vehicles such as light vehicles, dozers, loaders, graders.
AHS Product Development team is responsible for crafting innovative solutions to unique and challenging problems. Working with our partners around the world, you will help design and support the next generation of mine planning and optimization technology and build the future platforms and infrastructure that will drive the changes in the mining industry for generations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Each day presents you with new challenges and opportunities to test and grow your skills. As a Software Developer with Modular Mining, you’ll be responsible for:
• Producing and maintaining high quality, tested and efficient code, following industry standards.
• Developing proof of concepts for new, innovative solutions.
• Performing analysis, estimating work, creating, and updating software architecture and design.
• Understanding Modular applications domain and pro-actively interacting with product teams to improve functional and non-functional aspects of platform components.
- 3+ years of shown experience in Software Development.
- Strong coding skills in at least one major object-oriented language (C#, Java, C++)
- Core programming knowledge on multi-threading, garbage collector.
- Experience with CI/CD build and deployment pipelines.
- Proven problem-solving ability and attention to details.
- Proven success in ensuring consistent software architectural approaches & methods are used for efficient and effective product development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development best-practices, patterns and anti-patterns.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills, ability to effectively interact with local and remote development teams.
- Experience in object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Strong analytical skills, experience with domain modeling and requirement elicitation.
- Experience with databases modeling and ORM frameworks.
- Good knowledge of computer networking and the TCP/IP stack.
- Solid grasp of performance-critical, real-time, highly available and distributed systems
- Experience with some of the industry standard frameworks, such as ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Protobuf, Fluentd, OpenTracing, Zipkin, Telegraf, Prometheus, Envoy, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
Copyright MTS 2022