Software Engineer III
Location: Recife, BR
Req ID: 24290
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We’re more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas, and be yourself.
As part of Modular's Product Development team, you will have the opportunity to research, design, build, and improve our award-winning Mine Management platform. From design to production, you'll have a leadership role at each step of the development lifecycle. You'll be tackling tough challenges that require innovative out-of-the-box thinking. If you consider yourself someone who can apply technical know-how to create practical solutions in a dynamic and team-oriented environment, this is a great opportunity to work side by side with some of the biggest innovators in the Mining technology industry.
The Challenges: Innovation and Applications Team
The Innovation and Applications Team collaborates with the Systems Architecture, Embedded Systems, and other applications teams, developing and evolving the fleet management system that is one of our core products. Our team's main challenge is producing high-performance and robust software components to handle a demanding 24/7 mine environment. Our team focuses on integrating solutions aligned with industry trends such as lambda architectures and industry-standard components in an SoA ecosystem with DevOps principles.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Each day will present you with new challenges and opportunities to test and grow your skills. As a Software Developer in Modular, you will be responsible for the following:
- Producing and maintaining high quality, tested and efficient code, following industry standards.
- Developing proof of concepts for new, innovative solutions.
- Performing analysis, estimating work, creating, and updating software architecture and design.
- Understanding Modular applications domain and pro-actively interacting with product teams to improve functional and non-functional aspects of platform components.
- Mentoring more junior team members
- Recommending research, prototypes, and technology selections that address business problems
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of proven experience in Software Development
- Excellent coding skills in at least one major object-oriented language, preferably Java/Kotlin
- Demonstrated knowledge of software engineering best practices, pattern/anti-patterns, and Object-oriented design (SOLID principles).
- Ability to create and maintain large and complex system architectures
- Solid understanding of performance-critical, real-time, highly available, and distributed systems
- Strong analytical skills, experience with domain modeling and requirement elicitation
- Core programming knowledge on multi-threading, garbage collector, advanced debugging, and memory profiling
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and attention to details
- Good knowledge of computer networking and the TCP/IP stack
- Experience with databases modeling and ORM frameworks
- Familiarity with Domain-Driven and Microservices Design, gRPC
- Familiarity with designing REST APIs and API gateways/routing in Kubernetes.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and familiarity with Data Warehousing.
- Experience with some of the industry-standard frameworks, such as Spring Framework, RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Good understanding of DevOps, CI/CD practices, and Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with version control using Git and Azure DevOps Server
- Strong written and interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively interact with local and offshore development teams.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.