Software Manager, Applications
Location: Milton, QLD, AU, 4064
Req ID: 24782
Onsite or Remote: Partial Remote Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximising value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimising performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
This role is responsible for developing and maintaining the software for all payload and machine guidance systems. Overseeing and managing the team to ensure their is capacity and skillsets to research and incubate new product ideas ensuring the new and innovative ideas can be incorporated into Komatsu's offerings.
Up to 10%.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Director of Innovations and Applications to define applicable strategies and roadmaps.
- Responsible for managing the execution of the Innovation and Applications strategies and roadmaps.
- Assumes leadership to promote a quality culture in line with the framework set by the Quality Department.
- Build and lead a highly capable development team and manages third party, embedded and contracted professionals.
- Utilise objectives, KPI's and performance metrics to measure and improve the performance of teams.
- Provide technical and professional mentoring to direct reports
- Enable an environment that rewards innovation, effective problem solving and customer orientation.
- Ensures established reporting is delivered on-time and with detail that informs the business.
- Embrace, promote and instill agile methodology within the team.
- Own and manage the backlogs of associated legacy products with the goal of achieving end of life through iterative replacement with platform ready alternatives.
- Actively participate in the I9nnovation and Applications Senior Management Team.
- Provide timely escalation of issues with a goal of enabling the team and removing barriers.
- Adopt the hierarchy of control methodology, focusing first on the elimination of product/process/performance issues.
- Encourage team members to have fun, innovate, create, and take part in transforming Komatsu’s technology solutions into industry leading offerings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering or similar related field.
- Extensive experinece managing/leading a software development team.
- Experience in development and/or delivery of mining technology solutions.
- Capable driving strategic initiatives from ideation and planning through execution to delivery.
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and Quality Management Systems and Techniques.
- Demonstrated leadership and experience in managing geographically distributed teams.
- Demonstrate ability to work as a team member and hold one another accountable for the commitments made to the business.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong hands-on management capabilities, coaching, and people management skills.
Modular Mining Systems Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.