Support Engineer – MTS – AU
Location: Milton, QLD, AU, 4064
Req ID: 25213
Onsite or Remote: Partial Remote Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximising value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimising performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products that we create, the solutions we engineer and the service we deliver sets us apart in the mining technology industry.
The role of Support Engineer provides specialist engineering services to assist in advanced product support and troubleshooting.
Up to 25%
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- First point of contact for level 3 Product engineering for diagnosis and resolution of support tickets for the global ISC (Integrated Support Centre).
- Reducing the quantity of support tickets escalated to Product Engineers by providing specialist services for the diagnosis and resolution of support tickets for the global ISC (Integrated Support Centre)
- Providing in office engineering services to ensure the successful configuration and validation of product installations/deployments. This includes new installations on mobile mining equipment, validation of existing deployments, or addition of new modules, and system updates.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering (Preferably Mechatronics, Mechanical or Electrical) or equivalent industry experience
- Previous experience working in a product support or service role working with IT and/or electrical control systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work autonomously within a diverse team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management with ability to balance conflicting priorities.
- Previous experience within the mining industry or exposure to mining operations.
Modular Mining Systems Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.