Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 26928
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We are more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates.
With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
As a Technical Writer I, you will support the documentation needs of Komatsu’s Autonomous Systems division. These include proactively working with the Autonomous Systems Product Development and Global Support teams and subject matter experts to create, maintain, review, and deploy operator instructions, specification documents, and hardware and software installation documentation. These activities support the implementation and execution of the Autonomous Systems Training and Documentation Program in the Komatsu regions.
- Up to 25%
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create high-quality documentation in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, agile environment.
- Develop a variety of task-based software and hardware documentation.
- Work with product and support engineers, collaborate with subject matter experts, research engineering source documentation, and attend demonstrations to create and maintain end user documentation.
- Create documentation solutions that explain complex information in a clear, accurate, and concise manner.
- Manage and drive documentation projects independently while sharing your work frequently in technical and editorial reviews.
- Advocate for the end user (both external customer and internal) in all aspects of your job.
- Prepare documentation for translation and compile translated documentation.
- Create and maintain graphics and user interface captures using graphics tools.
- Conform to departmental processes and style guidelines, and ensure documentation meets the needs of the business and the audience.
- Maintain records and files of new and changed documentation and revisions.
- Respond quickly and positively to constructive feedback, making all necessary edits to submitted work.
- BA in English, Technical Writing, Communications, or related field.
- 3 + years of technical writing experience.
- Exceptional technical writing skills
- High level of attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Adobe FrameMaker.
- Familiarity with Madcap Flare
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Ability to translate highly technical information into easily understandable information.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Proven ability to own the documentation process from profiling audiences, to gathering information, to content creation, to final publication and maintenance.
- User-centric thinking that can anticipate the user’s concerns and questions about the product.
- Excellent time management skills/prioritization.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Ability to work efficiently from home, but under the supervision of direct management.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit komatsu.jobs.