Training Program Manager
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 28299
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We are more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
This role fits the company culture of continuous improvement and leads the implementation and governance of programs in the Autonomous Systems Professional Development group. This role provides leadership in linking the ecosystem of knowledge management, operational performance services, and training execution for Komatsu Automation. This role is responsible for designing and executing a comprehensive training program, for both clients and internal personnel, ensuring that materials and services meet or exceed industry standards and are consistent with Komatsu guidelines and best practices.
If you consider yourself someone who can apply technical know-how to create practical solutions in a dynamic and team-oriented environment, this is a great opportunity to work side by side with some of the biggest innovators in the Mining technology industry.
- Up to 40% of the year, or as required for business purposes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Each day will present you with new challenges and opportunities to test and grow your skills. As a Training Program Manager with Modular, you’ll be responsible to:
- Work across stakeholder groups and vendors, such as Immersive Technologies, to ensure customer and internal personnel have all training materials in languages needed to perform their jobs at an exceptional level
- Proactively consult with technical resources from the business for developing the training program and optimally using existing or new technology platforms for its implementation
- Standardize training delivery methods, materials, communications, and tools through collaboration with Komatsu entities and regional offices to ensure consistent client approach as One Komatsu
- Build and maintain cohesive and auditable learning and certification programs for both internal personnel and external stakeholders based on the business and program goals.
- Audit adherence to Training structure and authorizations by internal and external program users
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness and success periodically, ensuring it meets customer and business needs, taking corrective actions as required and driving continuous improvement cycles
- Manage department budget and resources, ensuring effective development and execution of the training program in conjunction with Komatsu distributors and customers
- Manage customer and distributor requests for training and service programs in sustainable ways, as necessary to meet business and training needs through consultation with all levels of stakeholders
- Maintain a keen understanding of talent development and learning trends, developments, and best practices, adjusting the program over time and keeping it up-to-date
- Must possess knowledge of the Mining Industry, operational practices, Komatsu and/or Modular Mining systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, instructional design, or a related field
- At least 2 years experience in training and development management
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, instructor-led training, online and classroom training, eLearning, simulators)
- Demonstrated ability to consult and work collaboratively with business partners, subject matter technical resources, vendors, and diverse groups and individuals at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated excellence in client service skills and ability to learn business concepts quickly
- Excellent mentoring and leadership skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Certified Professional of Talent Development (CPTD)
- Superb track record of designing and executing successful larger training programs
- Research skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Strong decision-maker and facilitator of learning and change
- Strong organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Critical, strategic, and creative thinker with innovative problem-solving skills
- Experience with the PDCA cycle and continuous improvement methodologies
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.