Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 28977
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We are more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates.
With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
This role is responsible for providing domain knowledge supporting the product daily. You will be in a position between the client and the development team, helping the product manager make assertive decisions about the product.
This role does not provide a routine day of work. Each day is a different day with different situations. You need to be ready to make decisions with long-term implications.
If you consider yourself someone who can apply technical know-how to create practical solutions in a dynamic and team-oriented environment, this is an excellent opportunity to work alongside some of the biggest innovators in the Mining technology industry.
- Up to 25% of domestic and international travel
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the product manager in prioritizing requests (features and bugs).
- Work with the support teams, global and regional, to adjust priorities.
- Work with the development team providing domain knowledge when necessary.
- Be a pre-sales Work with the sales group providing technical support for that group during the pre-sales process.
- Travel is a requirement. You will travel to different places with different levels of infrastructure.
- This list is only an overview of the job duties. This job encompasses way more duties and responsibilities than the ones listed here. Flexibility and desire to learn is the main job duty.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the mining industry
- 3+ years of domain knowledge
- Ability to analyze a situation technically and propose solutions
- Ability to act autonomously utilizing good decision making skills
Experience with mobile equipment (mining) and asset-health monitoring products
Broad knowledge of mining operations
Computer network knowledge
Understanding of agile development methodologies
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.