Software Engineer II
Location: Tucson, AZ, US, 85706
Req ID: 26457
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Komatsu LTD. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry.
We’re more than a company, and we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: revolutionizing the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer, and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We’re more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation, and encourages you to think big, share ideas, and be yourself.
The Machine Health/IoT Drivers Team develops the sensor drivers for hundreds of different interfaces from multiple equipment manufacturers. The data from these drivers are consumed by the full range of Modular Mining Systems products to provide a comprehensive, real-time view of operational efficiency all the way from the mine site to the cloud.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Producing and maintaining high quality, tested and efficient code, following industry standards.
- Developing proof of concepts for new, innovative solutions.
- Performing analysis and estimating work as well as creating and updating software architecture and design artifacts.
- Understanding Modular applications domain and pro-actively interacting with product teams to improve functional and nonfunctional aspects of platform components.
- Mentoring other team members.
- Delivering technical presentations to team members and project leadership.
- 3+ Years of professional software development.
- B.S. Computer Science, Computer Programming, Software Development, or a related field.
- Strong abilities in at least one major object-oriented language (e.g. C# or Java).
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with full SDLC.
- Demonstrated experience writing testable code and automating the process.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software engineering best practices, including patterns and anti-patterns.
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, and supporting complex software system components.
- Experience developing and delivering cross-platform solutions.
- Experience developing and troubleshooting on a resource-constrained embedded platform.
- Experience with frameworks such as ASP.NET MVC and Spring.
- Experience with computer networking and the TCP/IP stack.
- Experience with database development and ORM frameworks (e.g. Entity Framework, JPA, or Hibernate).
- Experience with both Windows and Linux.
- Experience with Agile software development practices.
- Experience with contemporary software DevOps practices.
- Experience with containers and related technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with message brokers such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, and ZeroMQ.
- Experience with serial communication and tools (CAN, Socket, RS485, RS 232, etc.).
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.